Could your connections be better?
You deserve thriving relationships.
Do you feel you aren’t relating to others as well as you would like? The way you see other people connecting?
We can touch and movement practices to understand yourself and improve the way you connect and relate with others.
Why Connections Coaching?
Connections Coaching is for people who want to connect better. It is for individuals, pairs and small groups. It works with different relationship dynamics: couples, friendships, families, coworkers, business relationships, dates, new connections, strangers, etc.
Some specific situations include:
- Couples who want to manage conflict better
- Individuals who want to express their boundaries better
- People who want to understand and communicate their needs and desires
- Partners who want to explore new ways to show love to each other
If you don’t yet understand what specific issues are holding you back, but feel you want to be connecting better, lets arrange an initial meeting to figure it out together.
What is it?
Connections Coaching uses physical practices, somatic methods and coaching techniques to improve human connection. Movement and touch-based activities can highlight important qualities in ourselves and how we relate. They are powerful metaphors for non-physical aspects of our lives. Lessons from these practices are applied to other aspects of our relationships. It give tools to use in our lives and our relationships.
Sessions can include solo movement, meditation, games, collaboration, competition, led and followed movement, different forms of touch and physical connection, talking activities, coaching techniques, conversation, etc. drawn from physical practices including Dance, Contact Improv, AcroYoga, partner acrobatics, natural movement, yoga, meditation, tantra, Wheel of Consent, Authentic Relating, Circling, Non Violent Communication and more.
Sessions are founded on consent. The mix of activities and how far we take them are uniquely tailored to your needs and boundaries.
First, we’ll have 15-30 minute call to talk though the specifics for your circumstances, and arrange our first in-person session.
A standard session lasts 1.5 hours. We can meet in my studio space, in your home, or in a park.
The first session focusses on assessment. For couples, the first two sessions are an individual assessments — one with each partner.
We will meet weekly or fortnightly, to give you time to integrate lessons into your life, and so we can review and refine our learning. You will have time to practice techniques between sessions and do some “homework.” Single sessions are also possible.
A standard 1.5 hour session costs £90. Discounts apply to blocks of 4 and 6 sessions. Discounted introductory prices apply, and I have concession spaces available each week. Please contact me if price is a barrier.
Embrace Coaching is centered around your needs. We can adapt everything to suit. Let’s have a conversation about what works for you, so we can find the best way to help you connect the way you want to!
Code of Conduct
In order to ensure safety and comfort during a coaching session, we must agree to the following:
- All clients must be 18 years or older.
- Alcohol or other intoxicants must not be consumed before the session.
- Embrace coaching sessions are not sexual. All touching, both given and received, will be professional and non-sexual.
- Both parties will practice consent and respect personal boundaries at all times.
- Both parties will remain clothed, and will keep their hands outside the clothes at all times.
- Cleanliness and adequate hygiene is required by both parties. This specifically includes showering, teeth brushing, wearing clean clothes and no strong scents worn.
- Both parties will communicate if they feel emotionally or physically uncomfortable or concerned at any time during the session.
- The client can end the session at any time.
- Embrace coaching therapy is not a substitute for proper medical consultation for physical, mental and psychological illnesses and may not be suitable for everyone.
- Embrace coaching is not advised for people suffering from major psychiatric disorders.
- Client Data is stored in compliance with GDPR and ICO requirements.
- No specific information regarding the client will ever be shared with another party unless the client gives written permission to use personal information. This includes information shared during a meeting, session, over email, text, phone conversation, etc.
- Photographs and videos will not be taken during the session unless explicitly agreed in writing.
- Any pictures or video recordings, and their intended purpose, must be discussed and agreed upon in writing before a session begins. They may not be used for purposes outside of the written agreement.
- Payment for each session is required prior to the start of a session using BACS, PayPal or cash.
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy. An appointment canceled within 24 hours will be non-refundable.
- Should the client behave inappropriately, unprofessionally or unsafely, the session can be terminated immediately with no warning or refund given.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- We will not be held responsible for any property loss that may occur, or for any injuries that may result from a session.